How to Extend Your Flight
If you want to extend prior to your departure, you must do so through Gil Travel. If you want to extend once you are in Israel, you must contact the airline directly. It is strongly recommended to do this beforehand via Gil Travel.
Neither Birthright Israel nor Amazing Israel are involved in your extension. Neither party is responsible for changes that are / are not made to your return flight. These changes are made on your own accord. All extensions prior to your departure from North America are made through our partner agents at Gil Travel (unless you are extending through a Birthright Israel Plus program).
If you need to cancel your return flight once you are in Israel, you need to contact the airline directly. If you know before your departure that you will not require a return ticket, please let Amazing Israel know twenty (20) days prior to your date of departure from the U.S.
When considering a flight other than your group’s (for continued travel or for the purpose of extending your stay in Israel), please keep in mind that you will still be required to accompany your group to Ben Gurion International Airport. Please therefore make sure that you book a flight that leaves after the group flight. Check your itinerary for the final departure time or contact us at [email protected] for further information.
Once in Israel, it is the sole responsibility of the participant to contact the airline if they are not flying on the original return date.
Participants who are a no-show, risk having their return ticket null and voided. The return ticket will be cancelled, and it will be the participant’s responsibility and expense to return home. Additionally, the participant’s deposit will not be refunded.
- Maximum stay is 3 months.
- Stopover is not permitted.
- Extension prior to departure is minimum USD 165.00 subject to seat availability in the same class/code fare of service. If the original class code/fare is not available and a higher airfare is available, fee is difference in airfare plus USD 90.00.
- Change of return date once in Israel is USD 50.00 service fee for a seat in the same class/code fare of service. If the same class/code fare in economy is not available, then the charge will be the service fee of USD 50.00 plus the difference to the next available seat in economy.
- Changed is based upon availability at the time requested.
- Once in Israel contact EL AL directly:
- In Tel Aviv 03-9771111 call center open 24hours