SafetyIs Our Top Priority
- The safety and well-being of our participants is our primary operating principle and our foremost concern.
- Birthright Israel provides for over 50,000 participants annually and has a well-deserved reputation for being exceedingly cautious and conservative.
- Birthright Israel is a fully supervised program where the participants travel together as a group.
- All standard trips are accompanied by a tour educator, two staff members, and at least one trained security guard and a medic.
- When needed, additional security will be provided.
No effort is spared as it relates to the security of our participants.
- Birthright Israel’s model of operation allows us to fully monitor and be in touch with each and every group around the country, 24/7.
- Trip itineraries are approved daily with the “Situation Monitoring Room,” administered by the Israel Ministry of Education, and coordinated with the I.D.F., Israel Police and other security authorities.
- A GPS device is carried by each group so that authorities are aware of each group’s location at all times.
- If at any time an area of friction is identified, that area is restricted for Birthright Israel groups.
- Participants do not use public transportation and all trips; tour bus companies and drivers are subject to Birthright Israel’s strict standards.
- Upon arrival in Israel, we will conduct an orientation which includes overall safety and security guidelines.
- The orientation and briefings will include guidelines for free time and general travel safety.
- While trips are running, Amazing Israel operates an information line that is available 1am – 8am EST.
- After office hours, we have an emergency phone line that is answered 24/7 to ensure that participants can be reached – if needed.
Amazing Israel understands that questions regarding safety and security are of critical importance to potential participants and their families. We value this and are available to answer any questions that may arise. You can reach out to us with questions during our office hours listed below.
Free Time & Communication
- Should free time be granted to the group, the location and time will be at the sole discretion of the Routes Travel-Amazing Israel office.
- All buses have at least three cellular phones on board and two-way closed-circuit radios that may be used in case of emergency.
- When trips are in Israel, Amazing Israel operates a 24/7 emergency phone line and gives the phone number of that line to every trip participant a few days prior to their departure.
Armed Escorts & Bus Drivers
The regulations stipulated by the Ministry of Education require Routes Travel to always have one armed security escort with the group throughout their trip in Israel. In compliance with this requirement, Routes Travel-Amazing Israel does its best to guarantee the highest quality people with a background in security, knowledge and training.
All bus drivers are subject to Birthright Israel’s approval. For precautionary purposes, bus drivers are instructed to never leave the bus unattended or unlocked.
Routes and Roads
Groups will not be permitted to travel within the areas of the West Bank or East Jerusalem (except for the Jewish Quarter of the Old City). Group travel will be in accordance with the directives of Birthright Israel and the Israeli Ministry of Education Situation Monitoring Room, which change daily according to the situation in Israel.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding Routes Travel-Amazing Israel’s safety and security guidelines, please feel free to contact our office. You can reach out to us with questions during our office hours.
Taglit BirthrightAlcohol Policy
Use & Possession of Alcohol
- Participants will be removed from the program for use or possession of alcohol in violation of the terms of this policy; and also, for levels of inebriation that impede participation in an activity, or results in intoxication.
- There will be no tolerance for drunkenness and / or drunk or disorderly conduct.
- Drinking is not permitted on the flight to and from Israel.
- Drinking is never permitted during program time or while on the bus.
- Drinking is not permitted in participants or any hotel / guest house bedrooms.
- Drinking is only permitted in locations that are authorized and designated for that purpose (e.g., pubs, hotel bar, etc.) with the Trip Organizers full knowledge and consent.
- Purchase of any form of alcohol for later use outside the designated place is not permitted.
- It is forbidden to buy or to be in possession of bottles or multiple cans of alcoholic drinks of any kind; from supermarkets, grocery stores, kiosks, duty free, or anywhere else.
- Staff may not purchase alcohol for participants. Participants may purchase a closed bottle of wine as a gift to bring home when visiting a winery with their group.
- Purchasing alcohol in the hotel bar is only permitted if the Trip Organizer has personally approved such to the group’s educational staff.
- In the evenings, prior to strenuous activities such as the climb up Masada (for health reasons), alcohol consumption will not be allowed. Trip Organizers may add to this list at their discretion.
- Outings to pubs and bars as a group activity are not permitted.
- During “Leisure Nights” participants may go to a bar and pub and drink responsibly within the parameters of the Birthright Israel regulations.
- Soldiers participating in the program as part of Mifgashim may not drink any alcoholic drinks due to I.D.F. guidelines.
- Staff is not permitted to drink during the course of the 10-day trip.
- Failure to abide by the policy will result in immediate removal from the trip and forfeit of deposit.
Copies of this agreement will be distributed at the airport for each participant to sign. ALL applicants are required to sign this agreement before boarding the flight to Israel.
I hereby state that I have reviewed and understand the Birthright Israel Alcohol Policy.
I agree to abide by this policy.
Neither the Trip Organizer nor BRI is obligated to give me any “second chances” or warnings concerning my misconduct.
I acknowledge that if I am removed from the trip I will be responsible for all expenses incurred from the date of my removal, including accommodations, as well as for the original cost of my airfare and of the return to my point of origin as well as forfeiting my deposit. Should I not embark on the return flight that was booked for me, that in addition to the above costs, the return portion of my flight will be deemed forfeited and I will be responsible for purchasing my own ticket home at my expense.