Birthright Israel Health Insurance Requirements
Our insurance policies meet the Birthright Israel Health Insurance requirements. During your Birthright Israel trip, you are required to have your own health insurance policy, valid in Israel. The rule comes directly from Birthright Israel and is strictly enforced.
If you are not insured, or if your insurance policy does not cover you while abroad, you are required to purchase an insurance policy. Without this, you will not be able to travel to Israel. An easy way to fulfill Birthright’s insurance requirement is to purchase insurance through CTAS.
Only $50 for Your Peace of Mind
CTAS Insurance Coverage Includes the Following:
- Medical insurance in Israel with coverage for most preexisting conditions.
- Insurance in case your baggage and/or personal items are lost, stolen or damaged throughout the trip (up to $800).
- Cancellation insurance for domestic flight costs (coverage up to $200, and an additional $10 add-on fee applies).
- This coverage applies if you purchase a domestic flight for your Birthright Israel trip and end up missing that domestic flight due to death, illness, or injury to you or an immediate family member; or if there is a delay/change to your international Birthright Israel flight that causes you to miss/change your domestic flight.
- No deductible or co-pay.
- Excellent list of contracted doctors.
- Ease of payment – no need to pay and then claim back at home.
- 24-hour call center.
- For a full list of policy terms, click here.
- To contact CTAS please call: +972-2-622-7999.
This comprehensive short-term insurance policy is $50 per trip (with an optional trip cancellation add-on). If you extend your trip, coverage is an additional $4.50 per day. If you cancel your policy, there will be a $10 surcharge.
A policy can only be purchased once an Amazing Israel bus number has been assigned.
Applications will be accepted until 5 days before your flight’s departure. Any applications received after that time will be charged a $14 late registration fee.