Amazing Israel is proud to offer our Birthright participants excellent Tourist Medical Insurance through CTAS.
BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Our insurance policies meet the Birthright Israel Health Insurance requirements. During your 10-day Birthright Israel trip, you are required to come to Israel with your own health insurance policy that is valid in Israel. The rule comes directly from Birthright Israel and is strictly enforced.
If you are not insured on your own or if your American medical insurance policy does not cover you while abroad, you NEED an insurance policy that will cover you during your trip. Without this, you will NOT be able to travel to Israel. An easy way to fulfill Birthright’s insurance requirement is to purchase travelers insurance through CTAS.
ONLY $40 FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND! CTAS INSURANCE COVERAGE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Medical insurance in Israel with coverage for most pre-existing conditions
- Insurance in case your baggage and/or personal items are lost, stolen or damaged throughout the trip* (up to $800)
- Cancellation insurance for coverage of domestic flight costs in case you miss the trip due to a personal illness, an immediate family medical emergency, a cancelled domestic flight, or a labor strike (This is a $5.00 optional add on, recommended for participants who are taking domestic flights)
- No deductible or co-pay
- Excellent list of contracted doctors
- Ease of payment- no need to pay and then claim back at home
- 24 hour call center
- For a full list of policy terms, click HERE
Contact CTAS via phone: Israel: +972-2-622-7999
This comprehensive short term insurance policy is $40 per trip (with an optional trip cancellation add-on for $5). If you extend your trip, coverage is an additional $3.50 per day. If you cancel your policy, there will be a $10 surcharge.
Please note: Applications will be accepted until 5 days before your flight’s departure. Any applications received after that time will be charged a $14 late registration fee.